Don't Let Someone You Love
Become a Crime Statistic!
From the US Department of Justice
Harrison K-9®s* are trained to be handled by any member of your family, regardless of age!
- Every 40 seconds another child is reported missing in the United States.
- Each day 2300 children are reported missing. Over 700,000 reported missing annually and 58,000 by non-family members.
- The rate of missing children has increased over 444% since 1982.
- In 80% of the cases where a child was abducted by a stranger, the first contact between the child and the abductor occurs within 1/4 mile of the victim’s home.
- More than 20% of the children in the National Center for Missing Children and Exploited Children listed in non-family abductions are found dead.
- A woman is sexually assaulted every two minutes in America — 500 each day.
- One out of every six women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime.
- The United States is the 6th ranked country for the highest rape rates.
- 44% of sexual assault victims were juveniles under the age of 18 years old.
- 29% of sexual assault victims are ages 12 to 17 and 15% are under age 12.
- 100% of female rapes resulted in injuries and 75% required medical care after the attack.
- One out of five children between the ages of 12-17 receive sexual solicitations online
- On average, only 39% of rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials
Research from the Fraternal Order of Police
In multiple studies and interviews conducted among convicted sexual assault, robbery and burglary felons they were asked what security measures taken by homeowners were most effective at deterring their criminal intentions. Consistently at the top of the list were security dogs.
When asked why, criminals listed these reasons:
- Canine hearing abilities pick-up suspicious sounds earlier than alarm systems.
- Canine barking alerts homeowners and neighbors too quickly.
- Criminals fear of being attacked by a dog.
- Criminals know confronting a dog is much more hazardous than dealing with an alarm system.
- Dogs don’t hesitate and they are not intimidated by the criminal.